Friday, February 20, 2009

Thursday - February 19, 2009

I'm a day late posting this one and I haven't even taken my photo for today. Anyway, this photo was taken after many other shots of just "stuff". The grass, a push lawnmower, a tiny flower, tree bark....I just wasn't feeling too creative. I wanted to try to use my telephoto lens but just couldn't get anything I was even halfway content with. Well, wine always helps, right? I didn't even think about it until after I had actually poured a glass but I had taken a couple of shots in the past of wine or some other neat looking alcohol bottle and realized that it could make for an interesting subject...again. It's not the greatest "shakes" but is sure is better than the push lawnmower picture and the picture of the grass that surely everyone has tried to photograph creatively. So, here it is.


I started off going with color on this one but instead decided that B&W would do it more justice. I did my standard levels and curves. Then I applied a gradient map as my conversion process to B&W. After that, I revisited the levels & curves adjustments to get it just like I wanted. I shot this hand held at 1/40 shutter speed, f5.6 aperture, 640 shutter speed and a focal length of 50mm. I'm pretty happy with it for a "snapshot". So...off to take a photo for today. Maybe I'll get it posted by tomorrow. Have a great remaining Friday and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest