Friday, March 04, 2011

30/365 Golden Game

I got home and decided to go into my little ones room to pick a subject for today's photo.  I figured surely a little boy would have something cool to take a picture of.  I remember taking a picture on my oldest son's dresser a couple of years ago and it's one of my favorite pictures.  It was quite the epitome of a young boy.  There was all kinds of "stuff" on his dresser from a piggy bank, to books to a Poke' Ball.  I did it in B&W and it was pretty neat looking.  So in Alex's room I saw his five football trophy's from the last five years.  I took a couple pictures of all of them just arranged on his table but they were pretty much just "snapshots".  I decided that since the light was low and the "overall" shot idea wasn't working, that I'd bring them out in to the living room and go from there.  I dropped a navy blue shirt over the two tallest trophy's and started snapping away.  After 20 pictures and angling a lot of them to make it look as though the first guy that is getting tackled, was also being chased by another player, I finally got ONE that I liked.  I was not happy with the rest of them at all.  The navy color was chosen because my son played for the Pirates whose colors are navy & white.

The settings were 1/30 secs, F2.8, ISO 400, WB Cloudy, Flash fired, Focal Length 20mm.




No comments:

pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest