Wednesday, March 09, 2011

35/365a Bubbles & 35/365b A Fork in the Road

I went to a website today that had some really cool macro photos and I wanted to try the bubbles one that I saw there.  My bubbles didn't look all cool and hexagonal like the photo I saw.  I pointed a green colored flashlight at the bowl that held my Dawn dish bubbles and took a couple of shots.  Here is the one that I ended up with.  I was kind of pleased with the final product.

The settings were shutter speed 1/30, F5.6, ISO 40, WB auto, focal length 60mm, no flash used.

After not being impressed with the bubbles and pretty much thinking I wasn't going to use one of those, I went on to other ideas.  Some of the ideas were crushed red peppers, salt and pepper, the rope hanging off of the bag of a Crown Royal bottle and a fork.  I wasn't impressed with the fork in the camera either but when I opened it up on the computer, I was quite happy with it.  I processed this one a little in Photoshop just to give it a little more character.  This was also and idea I had seen on this website I saw today.

The settings were: shutter speed 1/15 secs, aperture F5.6, ISO 400, WB Manual (about 5000K), focal length 60mm.



No comments:

pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest